Verizon has rolled out Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to its variant of LG G Pad X8.3, taking the firmware version to VK81522A. The update also comes with bug fixes and latest security patches.
LG G Pad X8.3 was released in May last year. It sports a 8.3-inch display with 1,080x1920 pixels (265 ppi pixel density). It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
According to Verizon support page, Android 6.0 Marshmallow improves mobile experience with new battery-smart features and enhanced app permissions that give more control to the users. The firmware comes with many features like as Now on Tap, Runtime Permissions, Silent Mode, Do Not Disturb, Direct Share, Screenshot Deleting, Text Edit Options, Google Settings and Available Storage Display.
LG has already seeded Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to a few devices like the LG G3, LG G4 and LG V10.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on LG G Pad X8.3:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your LG device screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.