Sprint has started rolling out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to its variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Sport. It is the second Android upgrade for the two-year-old smartphone. The device came running Android 4.4.2 KitKat when released in 2014 before being upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Sport comes with security update for April and weighs 891.75MB, according to Android Police. It added the build number of the update is G900PVPU3CPCA.
Sprint has confirmed the roll-out, and said the OS may reach some devices late as it is being seeded in phases. The roll-out began Thursday and is scheduled to be completed by May 19.
The South Korean technology giant has already released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge and Galaxy S6 edge+.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA on your device
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.