Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update has been rolled out to AT&T and T-Mobile version of LG G3 in the United States. The device will not get Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version though it has been available to some handsets since November last year. The firmware update also comes with the March (not April) security patches.
According to Android Police (via GSM Arena), T-Mobile's version of the LG G3 currently doesn't get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update via OTA. The update will take the firmware version of AT&T's LG G3 to D85030k.
The South Korean technology giant has rolled out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the unlocked versions of the LG G3, LG G4 and LG V10, and a few carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile have started seeding the firmware. The company is yet to announce the firmware update schedule for its two other eligible handsets — LG G Stylo and LG G Flex2.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on LG G5:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your LG device screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.