Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update has been reportedly rolled out to Android One devices and the first to get the latest version of the firmware is the Cherry Mobile G1 smartphone.
The new firmware was first rolled out to Google Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, Nexus Player and Android One before the LG G4. The Moto X Style (3rd Gen) and the Moto X (2nd Gen) received it a few days ago.
Leakster @LlabTooFeR has now announced on its Twitter handle that Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, latest version of the firmware, has been rolled out to Android One devices.
"As I said 2 days ago. Android 6.0.1 become available for Android One program" pic.twitter.com/ap8NL4lImE
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) November 20, 2015
The piece of news didn't come as a surprise as Android One was one of the first to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow update along with other Google devices. The latest version of the firmware should come with some minor bug fixes and improvement in stability.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA on your Android One device:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your Android One device screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.