The official premiere date of "American Horror Story" Season 6 has finally been revealed, Wednesday, Sept. 14. However, uncharacteristically, FX and Ryan Murphy have kept everything else about the new season under wraps.
The logo for Season 6 of "American Horror Story" was released late June and it comprises a red question mark. It seems oddly appropriate for the season, considering everything has been hush-hush.
Since red-coloured symbol reads as the number "6," many fans seem to believe that the new season may have something to do with the anti-Christ. Murphy had also revealed that Season 6 will involve children in some capacity, meaning the rebirth of devil theory could be true on some level.
However, the number could just be a reminder of the season "AHS" is at. It is up to any fan to interpret the meaning.
Meanwhile, a few of the previous cast members have confirmed that they will be returning to the show.
- Sarah Paulson, who has been a part of the "AHS" franchise since Season 2 "Asylum," has confirmed that she will be in Season 6 as well.
- Cheyenne Jackson, who made his debut in the previous season, "American Horror Story: Hotel," confirmed his return with the simple tweet "It's true."
It's true. https://t.co/vO2sekjR45
â€” Cheyenne Jackson (@cheyennejackson) June 27, 2016
- Angela Basset, who was part of "Coven," "Freak Show" and "Hotel" was the first star to confirm her return to the franchise. She did so during her interview with Larry King.
- "Magic Mike" star Matt Bomer, has been a part of Murphy's "AHS" family since the last two seasons has also confirmed he will definitely return for Season 6.
- Leslie Jordan, who was a part of "Coven" had been absent from the last two seasons of "AHS." However, he will return with Season 6.
- Lady Gaga, who had a Golden Globe-winning role in the previous season, has said that she will be part of Season 6. However, owing to her busy schedule this year, the length of her role remains a mystery.
- Although the return of Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare aren't confirmed, they will most likely return, considering they have been part of "AHS" since Season 1, "Murder House."