E-commerce giant Amazon India launched much awaited Amazon Prime subscription service in more than 100 cities in India on Tuesday. The service is expected to give a big boost to the e-retailer, which is already taking India's home grown Flipkart head on.
A recent report by App Annie said the U.S. headquartered firm had already pipped Flipkart as the number one mobile app downloaded in the e-retailing space. In June, the company promised to hike up its India investment by another $3 billion after exhausting its 2016 pledge of investing $2 billion early on. With 27 warehouses across the country, Amazon India has the largest stockholding capacity among all e-commerce firms in the country.
Here is listed 6 benefits from the newly launched Amazon Prime subscription service:
- Amazon Prime is a subscription service that offers free and faster delivery of services to customers for an annual membership. Prime will have a dedicated page for sign up and is open to subscription in more than 100 cities.
- The company plans to offer a 60-day trial period for anybody signing up for its subscription service and as a one-time offer slashed its subscription fee to Rs. 499 a year (otherwise priced at Rs. 999).
- The service once subscribed will have the one-day or two-day delivery options, even for minimum purchases. Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and a few more cities will have same day morning or scheduled delivery services.
- Prime members will be provided with access to special deals from exclusive brands and sellers. Under the 'Lightening deals' category, members will have exclusive access to certain products and also early access to products by 30 minutes every day.
- Products sold under the prime category will have the prime logo on it and users will also have the option to use prime filter to narrow down to exclusive products.
- Prime will soon launch digital benefits like Prime Video that will provide access to Amazon Original Series and Movies along with movies and TV shows of Indian as well as world content.