A new video released by Al-Qaeda's Yemen affiliate shows an American journalist begging for life as the terrorists threaten to kill him within three days.
The video obtained by SITE Intelligence Group on Wednesday night comes after US authorities had conducted a rescue operation to free hostages from un al-Qaeda stronghold in Yemen last week.
The three-minute footage shows the British-born American journalist Luke Somers looking into the camera and begging for his life.
Much of the footage, however, reportedly shows an official of the Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), Nasser bin Ali al-Ansi, threatening to execute the journalist if their demands are not met by the US government.
Speaking about criminal activities allegedly carried out by America, Al-Ansi announces the plan to kill their hostage, but he refused to elaborate on what their demands are, adding that America knows about it.
"We warn Obama and the American government of the consequences of proceeding ahead in any other foolish action," Ansi says in the video, reports SITE. Somers was reported to have been abducted in September 2013 from the capital of Yemen, Sana'a.
Somers, 33-, briefly appears in the latter part of the video with his statement.
"My name is Luke Somers. I'm 33 years old. I was born in England, but I carry American citizenship and have lived in America for most of my life," he says.
"I'm looking for any help that can get me out of this situation. I'm certain that my life is in danger. So as I sit here now, I ask if anything can be done, please let it be done".
Somers could not be saved in the raid last week by US and Yemeni forces that saw eight hostages being freed.