After weeks of speculation on 'Google Maps' for iPhones, the iconic navigation app is now available in Apple's App Store.
In September, the Google Maps app was dropped from the Apple store after the release of iOS 6 mobile operating system. The OS came pre-installed with Apple's in-house built Maps App.
Apple Maps app was panned by critics and users for giving inaccurate route information and other data.
Apple CEO Tim Cook issued a public apology to iPhone users after complaints were raised.
Following Cook's apology, the company's senior vice-president of software division, Scott Forstall, was forced to step down for not acknowledging the app's goof-up. Few days later Rich Williamson, who headed Apple's mapping software, was also ousted.
Sensing an opportunity, Google's Maps app returned to salvage Apple's Maps app fiasco. Though some describe Google's move as a saving grace, Apple needs to quickly fix the glitch in its Maps app to keep its reputation intact.
The Google's Maps app for mobile Apple products comes with a new design and streamlined interface for easier navigation.
Other key features of Google Maps App include:
- Users can find eateries and shopping spots with ratings and reviews.
- Users can sync their searches, business addresses, favorite places between their computer and phone.
- Users will get voice-based, turn-by-turn driving assistance.
- The navigation app will provide real-time information like live traffic updates to help plan one's travelling route. The app will also provide schedules and directions to train, bus, subway stations.
Street View and Imagery:
- Users will get to see 360-degree panoramic views using Street View as well as 45-degree imageries of historic structures around the world.
- The app comes with more than 100,000 businesses inside structure maps.
Google's navigation app comes with many more features. Buyers can click here to download the Google Maps in the Apple app store.