Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) unveiled the all-new Toyota Innova in India at the Auto Expo 2016. The new Innova will add Crysta to its name, and is expected to be launched in May or June of this year.
Launched in 2004, the Innova is the bestselling model for TKM. In the latest avatar, the vehicle has received comprehensive changes on the exterior, interior, powertrains and feature list. Here are 10 things you need to know about the Innova Crsyta.
- Toyota calls the new design the "grand tourer exterior design". The face of the new MPV features LED projector headlamps and a big hexagonal grille.
- The MPV will be available in the new top-of-the-line Q variant followed by the V and G trims.
- The instrument panel will be decorated with a bluish ambience light, which will also be the theme light inside the cabin.
- The MPV will boast of an instrument cluster that features TFT display and an eight-inch touchscreen equipped with a web browser, HDMI, Bluetooth, smartphone integration and voice command.
- The Innova Crysta measures 4,735mm in length, 1,830mm in width and 1,795mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2,750mm.
- The Innova Crsyta is based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, which has reduced the weight of the MPV significantly.
- The MPV will be powered by all-new powertrains. The 2,393cc diesel engine will develop 147bhp and 359Nm of torque while in-line four-cylinder 2,000cc VVT-i petrol engine will develop 137bhp and 183Nm of torque. Both engines will have manual and automatic transmission.
- The new Innova is equipped with a drive mode system. The Eco mode helps optimise fuel efficiency while the Power mode maximises engine response.
- All variants of the new Innova will be equipped with anti-lock brake system (ABS) with EBD and dual SRS airbags.
- Toyota Innova Crysta is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and 17 lakh.