BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held his first rally in Jharkhand capital Ranchi on Saturday and discussed why the state, despite its enormous resources, is among the poorest states in the country.
Below are the highlights of his speech
- Jharkhand has rich natural resources. It is blessed with skilled manpower too, then why is it poor? If a state has so much then what must be its economic state? Any Pundit will say that this state should be among the progressed lands.
- For 50 years the Sultunate in Delhi (Congress government) did not listen to Jharkhand's voice; at times the voices were suppressed too.
- Three states were formed together by Atalji (BJP's former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee). They faced similar problems but why is Chhattisgarh on path of development but other two are lagging behind. In Chhattisgarh, people gave BJP the opportunity to serve them for so many years; development is the only answer to poverty.
- Those sitting in Delhi rejected your demand for your state for 50 long years. Can you depend on those sitting in Delhi when they did not hear you for 50 long years?
- There are 14 Lok Sabha seats, and in 2014 we have the polls. Let us give all 14 seats to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Iraade chahiye sirf vaade nahi, aur iraade bhi nek hone chahiye, na inke pas iraade hai, nah iraado mei naitikta (One needs determination and not just promises. They (Congress) have neither the determination nor are they righteous)
- Should the poor not be fed? Is it not the Centre's responsibility? But they talk as if it is not their responsibility
- We gave actionable points on controlling price rise but nothing was done