The most watched TV show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" ended its journey in 2004, airing its last episode on 6 May. The sitcom started at a low budget scale but took big leaps in every episode due to a huge number of fans, who still watch its reruns. . Here are ten facts about the TV show, which many fans might not know.
1. The show was written keeping in mind Joey and Monica as love interests.
2. The show was originally called 'Insomnia Café'. It was then renamed 'Friends Like Us', and then 'Six of One' before becoming Friends.
3. In the first season, each of the main six cast members received $22,000 per episode. In 1997, they decided to band together to negotiate a salary increase to $100,000 per episode, reported The New York Times. It was the first time in television history that cast members had done this. By the final season, they each got $1,000,000 per episode.
4. Ross and Rachel weren't meant to be the central romance of the series. But it got developed because of David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston's chemistry.
5. Monica's apartment changed from number 5 to number 20 when the show's writers realized that "5" could not be an apartment on an upper level floor in a large block. Chandler's apartment number also changed from 4 to 19.
6. Kathy Griffin and Jane Lynch both auditioned for the role of Phoebe. Jon Favreau and Jon Cryer both tried out for the role of Chandler.
7. Hank Azaria, who plays David the scientist, auditioned for the role of Joey twice before the show went into production.
8. Phoebe and Chandler were originally scripted to be the supporting characters. David Schwimmer was the first of the main six actors to be casted in the show and Jennifer Aniston was the last.
9. All of the six main characters have kissed each other at one point, except Monica and Pheobe.
10. When the last series ended, Jennifer Aniston and her then-husband Brad Pitt hosted a dinner party at their home. They served bottles of wine that producer Kevin Bright had saved from the first series.